Minerals & Crops
The main minerals which are found in the district are Granite, Calcite, Limestone, Braxia, Sand, etc. Maize, Tuvar and Soyabean are the main Kharif crops and Wheat and Gram are the main crops of Rabi. Cotton and Chilli are the major commercial crops.
Industry and Educational Institutions
There are approximately 13779 small and 14 medium and large industries in the district. These are industrial areas in Khargone-Nimrani, Badwah, Padli and Bhikangaon. In the district there are 3 engineering colleges, 2 polytechnic colleges and many postgraduate and graduate college and industrial training institutes.
- Khargone – District Headquarters – Located on the banks of Kunda River, this city is famous for the very ancient Navagraha temple. This city is 150 km from Indore (Railway / Airport), 90 km from Badwani. (If you are coming from Gujarat – State Highway 26), 70 km from Sendhwa. (If you are coming from Maharashtra – Agra Mumbai National Highway No. 3), 65 km from Dhamnod. (If you are coming from Indore – Agra Mumbai National Highway No. 3), 130 km from Dhar, 90 km from Khandwa, 130 km from Burhanpur. 150 kms from Bhusaval Is at a distance. This city is a major center of cotton and jingling factories.
- Maheshwar – This city has been the capital of the Haiyavanshi king Sahasrarjun, who had defeated Ravana. Because of persecution of Rishi Jamdagni, his son Bhagwan Parashuram had killed Sahasrangarh. In the mean time, the great goddess Ahilyabai has also been the capital of Holkar. Situated on the banks of river Narmada, this city is famous for its very beautiful and gorgeous Ghats and Maheshwari sarees. There are very artistic temples on the pier, from which the Raj Rajeshwar temple is the main. The famous legend of Adiguru Shankaracharya and Pandit Mandan Mishra was here. It is also the headquarters of a tehsil of the district. Is a popular tourist destination. 60 km from Khargone
- Mandleshwar – 10 km from Maheshwar This town is also situated on the banks of Narmada. Construction of hydropower project and dam has been done on Narmada. Here is a very ancient Shiva-temple at the place called Choli, where a very splendid Shiva-Ling is located. 50 km from Khargone
- Oon – This place is 18 kms from Khargone. Is at a distance. This place is famous for Parmar-Kalyan Shiva-Mandir and Jain temples. A very ancient Mahalaxmi-Narayan Temple is also located here. In addition to Khajuraho there are also Parmar-Kalin ancient temples here.
- Bakawan and Raverkhedi> – The great Peshwa Bajirao Samadhi is situated in Raverkhedi. At the time of a campaign for North India, he died on the Narmada border. Shiva-Linga is carved by carving stones of Narmada in Dakawan.
- Dejla-Deora – There is a large dam on the Kunda river, which irrigates about 8000 hectares.
- Sirvel Mahadev – 55 kms from Khargone Far away this place is recognized that Ravana had offered his 10 heads to Mahadev Shiva. That’s why this name is lying. This place is very close to the border of Maharashtra. M.P. on Mahashivaratri And many devotees from Maharashtra come to visit here.
- Nanheshawar – 20 kms from Khargone This place is also famous for the ancient Shiva temple. This place is on the way while going from Khargone to Siryl Mahadev.
- The twin towns of Barwaha and Sanawad> are settled on both sides of Narmada. Barwaha on the north side and southwest is Sanawad. To go to Uchkareshwar Jyotirling, you have to go from here. Sanawad has also got to know the Indira Sagar hydropower project in Punasa. From Barwaha to Mandleswar, Maheshwar and Dhammod can be visited. World famous Red Chilli Mandi at Bediya is near Sanawad.